On February 4th 2010 I was diagnosed with colon cancer. I was completely stunned. I'm starting the "Scope That Colon! Initiative" to help others feel more comfortable dealing with this disease.

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Long over due update...

Well I've been slacking in keeping everyone updated on what's going on here, although I know Connie has reached out to alot of you via text msg-ing.

The big news is that the last scan came back clear! I'm still cancer free. The doctor was very happy to see it and so was I considering how bad it really was. Lucky I guess.
The next step is to get my port removed. I'll be getting that done on the 29th while Connie's off from work. Not a big deal really, just a bit tired when I get home and a bit sore because it's near the shoulder and such. Next scan will be in March to see what happens.

I've been going out riding with friends on Sundays on what we dubbed the SSDR (Super Secret Dudes Ride). We've been having alot of fun out there. Although I did wrench my back this past Sunday so it's all locked up on me now. Getting better though.

I do need to get out there and find some work... Connie's been dropping some big hints...lol..
My feet numbness is getting much more tolerable now and since my scan is now clean, I feel better about going out and finding something.

The other project I've been dragging my feet about is my website. All these things take money which I don't have. If anyone knows a business that would like to sponsor it, let me know. Basically it will be a website for people to solicit donations for athletic events they may be doing for charity (think MS Walks, Cancer rides, etc.)
The working name is www. DoIt4Others.com ... Catchy, huh? (thanks Mark!)

Finally, how good did you feel about yourself when you climbed that 'big" hill in your neighborhood? This is insane...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cj6ho1-G6tw

Now stimulate the economy, go buy lots of gifts!

2 comments:

  1. Love following your blog!! Glad to hear your port comes out!! I was talking to Adam the other day and said our builder Todd was coming over to fix something and he said, "Mom, there are two Todd's...one who fixes the house and the other one who has a port like me!" I can't believe he remembers talking to you about yours and his port! Glad things are going well for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No way... he remembers that? that's awesome!
    I always liked that kid!

    ReplyDelete