On February 4th 2010 I was diagnosed with colon cancer. I was completely stunned. I'm starting the "Scope That Colon! Initiative" to help others feel more comfortable dealing with this disease.

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Another big milestone... and what I'm thankful for...

Well tomorrow is another big step in my recovery. I go in for scan #2 to see if there anything hiding in my colon. I'm not expecting any bad news, but you never know. If there's something in there though, I think I'm prepared to to soldier on on fight it again.

Thursday, of course, is Thanksgiving. We should all be grateful for what we have. One thing I've learned, no matter how bad it seems, there is always some one who has it worse.

I'm so thankful for what I've gained this past year. The community and friends that we've surrounded ourselves with have been a blessing that I can't even describe.

I have to be thankful for my health. I know it's been a tough year, but I know plenty of others who are fighting too and compared to them, I got off easy.

There's a group of people in Ohio and some others scattered about the country who have also kept me going. Thanks go out to Airborne and the Flight Crew! Can't wait to meet you all!
I can't forget my good friend Bill and the other guys at Biker's Edge for helping me out this past year too. I hope to be able to pay all of you back next year!

The Dr's and nurses who helped us through all of this. Your help and positive attitudes even during the dark times are a true inspiration.

Finally, Thanks go out to my family. My wife was always there for me, even when other things in our lives made it hard. My kids always making me laugh (usually) was great medicine. And everyone else who sacrificed their time to help us out. I thank you all.

Happy Turkey day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment