On February 4th 2010 I was diagnosed with colon cancer. I was completely stunned. I'm starting the "Scope That Colon! Initiative" to help others feel more comfortable dealing with this disease.

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Get checked!

Well it's getting close to that time of year where we all ponder what we are thankful for over the past year. I've been thinking about it for a post next week, but then it got me thinking about other things I've dealt with.
At 42 years old and in reasonable health, I wasn't your "typical" candidate for colon cancer. But some how I got it. Well my dad looked back down the family tree and found out that his dad (who no one really knew) had died from colon cancer.
I guess my point is that anyone can get it no matter how "healthy" you think you are. It's an easy test and easy to take care of when caught early.
Get yourself checked soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment