On February 4th 2010 I was diagnosed with colon cancer. I was completely stunned. I'm starting the "Scope That Colon! Initiative" to help others feel more comfortable dealing with this disease.

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Monday update.. on Tuesday

Well Monday's done and really nothing to report.
Everything looks good so far, sat there for 3 hours...blah blah blah.
I asked the doctor "how do we know if this works?. His reply? "You don't get any tumors again"
Simple and makes sense, I never thought of it that way, but I like it. I'm not a statistic with percentages labled to them, so I'm ready to keep going.
He was surprised that my weight has been maintained. I had to explain to him it's not "good" weight, it's from all the wonderful "comfort" foods from my fantastic family and friends...lol.
He laughed and said he understands now.

Went out for a ride my pre-chomo ride on Sunday. I'm definately getting weaker and more tired as this process goes on. The though of racing is definately out for the time being. I guess I should just be happy and feel lucky enough to be out there. There's alot of people who can't, or won't, be doing this.
Here are some pics:

Why does it take D.O.T. forever to finish their bridge projects?
The work of some of Glastonbury and Hebron finest grafitti artists...



My attempt at riding over a bridge while I take a pic... not so great idea...

Well not much else to say... fun party coming upon Saturday... Can't wait to see old friends and meet new ones....I just hope I'll be able to stay up for the whole thing....

No comments:

Post a Comment