On February 4th 2010 I was diagnosed with colon cancer. I was completely stunned. I'm starting the "Scope That Colon! Initiative" to help others feel more comfortable dealing with this disease.

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Just got out of #11

Well I'm home with the pump now. As most of you know I have this pumping Fluorouracil (or 5-FU) for 46 hours. Basically 5-FU halts and/or hinders the cancer cell's ability to divide. No division means no growth...yahoo!

When I sat down with Dr. Davis and we chatted, I mentioned my problem with numbness and tingling in my feet. This set off an alarm in his head to take me off one of the other drugs called Oxaliplatin. This is another cell killing drug, but this is the one with the nasty side effects so for this session and the last, things should be a bit easier on me compared to others. He figures at this late in the game, two weeks without the Oxaliplatin won't hurt.... I'm down with that!

Next Friday I go in for a PetScan to see what's in there and what the course of action will be when the chemo is over... 7a.m. with 8 hours of no food and a really gross drink right before.... I know you're all jealous.

Talk to you all later....

No comments:

Post a Comment