On February 4th 2010 I was diagnosed with colon cancer. I was completely stunned. I'm starting the "Scope That Colon! Initiative" to help others feel more comfortable dealing with this disease.

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

What new?

I know all my fans are asking this. The internet is rich with rumors... Kidnapped by sex craved cougars, becoming Tiger Wood's caddy, or reaplcing Simon on American Idol....

Well guess what, none of it is true. The truth is I haven't had much to say.
I got over the reaction to the Zofran with some Benedryl. The Dr. still isn't convinced it's an allergic reaction, but we decided not to take the chance anymore. So now I'm on a pill that only costs about $175 a pill... who says we need healthcare overhaul? Hopefully they work!

I've been able to get out for some bike rides although not at the intensities I had hoped. Still might shoot for my race date on the 18th, but who knows at this point. I do need to do a better job at remembering to take pics on the rides to post. We live in a beautiful area.

Yesterday's chemo went by with little fan fare... another 4 hours of hanging out with my wife "talking"... I don't which is worse.. the chemo or the talking...(just kidding, hun).
Fighting a bit more of cold neuropathy this time around. People must be looking at me funny as I wear gloves and a hat in 70 degree weather. Cold drinks are a bit of chore also, nothing like a room temp. soda.

Hopefully with the new nausea meds I'll be able to do a bit more exercising that I did last time around. I really think it does help both physically and mentally. The key will be the balance of excercise and rest... wish me luck.

here's some words for everyone to live by...
Sometimes we fall down, can't get back up
We're hiding behind skin that's too tough
How come we don't say I love you enough
Till it's to late, it's not too late

I'll check in with everyone tomorrow or Thursday.. see ya then

No comments:

Post a Comment