On February 4th 2010 I was diagnosed with colon cancer. I was completely stunned. I'm starting the "Scope That Colon! Initiative" to help others feel more comfortable dealing with this disease.

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Well day one is in the bag...

Spent the day getting operated on and getting injected with great cell killing chemicals.

It was a long day and we both came home exhusted. Lots of thanks go out to my dad who came up at 6:30 in the morning to get the kids off to school and generally just hold down the fort.
Thanks Pop!

Luckily the 3 1/2 hours of chemo went by quickly thanks to our John Candy movie mini-marathon!

Starting to feel a bit of the side effects. Cold drinks feel a bit raw on the roof of my mouth and the cold raw air today is tingling in my figers a bit. Tomorrow and Thursday we'll really start to see what happens.

On a plus note, I now get to wear one of these great fanny packs for two days every other week:


I know you're all jealous, but if you get colon cancer, you can wear one too. I now have to wear a pump for two days that will slowly realease another medicine to help me out. This one may be the the one that gets me really sick...we'll see...

Talk to you all later.


No comments:

Post a Comment