On February 4th 2010 I was diagnosed with colon cancer. I was completely stunned. I'm starting the "Scope That Colon! Initiative" to help others feel more comfortable dealing with this disease.

Friday, March 5, 2010

Strange day today

Yeah, today is a weird day feelings wise.
Yesterday I was a bit worried that I might have done some damage to myself the night before when I "accidentally" tried to pick up Luke. It was late at night and I wasn't really thinking. I was awfully sore yesterday. I think it was just gas redeveloping because today the area feels ok.
I do have to say that the insicion is pretty tender today which makes getting around very sucky....
The other thing I'm realizing too, is that I'm in this holding pattern right now. It's weird, I have this potentially deadly disease in my body and I can't really do anything about it right now. I really have no knowledge about cancer and when people ask me questions or I read forums, I have no idea what to say or what anyone is talking about. Makes me feel "unprepared" for what's next. Trying to find info on the internet is hard because alot of times you don't know who to believe or what's right or even what pertains to you.
I have my first real appointment with the oncologist on Monday. Hopefully this will be the start of getting the knowledge and answers I need to continue on.

No comments:

Post a Comment