On February 4th 2010 I was diagnosed with colon cancer. I was completely stunned. I'm starting the "Scope That Colon! Initiative" to help others feel more comfortable dealing with this disease.

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Well here we go.

Well as the title says, I've been diagnosed with colon cancer. I want to use this blog to show others that everyone can deal with, recover from, and continue to live a healthy life despite, this really crappy disease (no pun intended). I hope I can do this with a bit of levity so everyone feels comfortable asking for and getting the help they need.

April 10th is the first race of the Root 66 race series...Hopbrook Dam in Middlebury, CT. I plan on being there ready to go. Maybe even a cool race kit set up and a tent with info and other goodies. Look for me.

Word of warning, I'm going to be perfectly blunt on what happened, symptoms and the cure. You may not want to eat while reading some of this...lol.

One other word of warning, I'm really no good at this computer crap, so pics and such might be a bit slow to come.

Tommorrow I'll tell you all a bedside story on what lead me to get checked...it'll be really exciting!

1 comment:

  1. Knowledge is king! Thanks or sharing, you may have just saved someone's life. :)

    ReplyDelete