On February 4th 2010 I was diagnosed with colon cancer. I was completely stunned. I'm starting the "Scope That Colon! Initiative" to help others feel more comfortable dealing with this disease.

Monday, April 25, 2011

Man Do I Take Crappy Pictures (At least when I remember the camera)

So it's been a week since I've been back from Sea Otter out in California and I'm just getting around to posting about it. It really should have been sooner, but this ended up being a long week.
The kids were off from school, we took a day trip to NYC, worked some extra hours, a holiday and we lost a dear member of my "extended" family.
Nothing personal but the blog was low item on the totem pole, if you know what I mean.


The trip to California was FANTASTIC! The trip out was kinda lame. I knew I'd be in trouble when I washed my phone the night before I was to leave and had to scramble looking for a new one. The other issue, a guy who is pushing 6'5" and can't sit still is NOT built for long trips on a plane... And the food sucked.

It was great finally getting to meet everyone that, up to that point, I only had e-mail or Facebook "relationships" with. What a great group. Intelligent, funny and very down to earth, my kind of people....
The venue was just as I remembered it... gorgeous. The sun was shining and the temps were great. Perfect weather to hang out with thousands of other biker geeks like myself.

One of the big surprises were set up at the tent.... all of the stuff Airborne sent us home with....

Look at all that stuff...just for us!
Here's my stash...

Can you believe it? 2 jerseys, 2 bib shorts, one long sleeve, one downhill jersey, 2 Dickey work shirts, new hoodie and a beanie... I better sell some bikes or some one in accounting is going to be very unhappy...

Here's some random pics with some witty banter .....


Lot's of people all week end... and this was just the first row...

Eric of Airborne (and Emily Batty fanclub) fame getting one of our demo bikes ready. Digging the hat too, not bad for an Ohio guy...


Bikes, bikes and more bikes...

Goblin goodness...


Arm wrestling for handle bars at the Truvativ tent....


Beautiful blue skies all weekend...


This was on my "Bucket List" for the trip... but I chickened out


This was about 1/4 of what they brought...I wonder why Specialized bikes cost so much...?


Kevin's new best friend....

Compared to some of the stuff the other guys did, these pics are really LAME (check out their work on the Airborne FB page)... plus I usually forgot my camera most of the time.... I promise to do a better job with my photogenic eye as time goes on....

Flight back was much better then out... cute redhead sat next to me on the short leg to LAX then there was open seats on the final two legs of the trip so I could spread out a bit....
Glad to be home... I missed everyone.

Check back later for more stuff that went on out there and here at home...

No comments:

Post a Comment