On February 4th 2010 I was diagnosed with colon cancer. I was completely stunned. I'm starting the "Scope That Colon! Initiative" to help others feel more comfortable dealing with this disease.

Saturday, February 5, 2011

What a Difference a Year Makes...

Well it was one year ago yesterday that I got the news that I had cancer. It was a dark and trying time for us with my wife away attending to her dad's affairs due to his death and me up here waiting for 'the call"... it's really hard when you need to be with your spouse and you can't. Thank heaven for all the great friends and family who we are fortunate enough to have surrounded ourselves with.

So what has changed?
Well I think Connie and I much closer and more tolerant of everything in our lives. We realize how fortunate we are.
I'd like to think I have more tenacity when getting things done, but unfortunately it isn't really showing lately. I'm having a hard time dealing with the tedium of things I need to get done and accomplish. Something I REALLY need to work on.
If anyone has any suggestions on overcoming this, I'm all ears....Cabin Fever isn't helping.

My goal this week is to get all the sponsorship requests out for the new website and get that going...again, it's the tedium making this process so slow. Airborne has stepped up with their support so I owe people to add to that

Like everyone else, I'm TIRED of all the snow.... enough already, the novelty has worn off. I need to get outside and do something besides shovel. Can't even hike or anything. If anyone wants to donate a trip to someplace warm... I'm available.

Well I don't have much to write about right now, but I had to say something to mark the anniversary.
I promise to do better next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment