On February 4th 2010 I was diagnosed with colon cancer. I was completely stunned. I'm starting the "Scope That Colon! Initiative" to help others feel more comfortable dealing with this disease.

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

February 23, 2011

Yep, that's the date today.....
I haven't written in awhile only because well, there hasn't been much to say. It's hard being a writer when there's no news.

One thing that is exciting is the fact I've been officially picked up for the 2011 Airborne Flight Crew! This is going to be a really fun year working with them. As most of you know, I've been working in bike shops and the like for most of my adult life and it's been interesting talking with Jeremy over at Airborne and learning how things go "behind the scenes". From the outside it looks like a fun kick ass job, but I've learned that there are ALOT of headaches that go along with designing and then implementing cool bike ideas. You have to patient and thick skinned. Maybe if/when I go back to being a regular bike shop rat again, this knowledge will come in handy.

Still working out pretty regularly, until sickness or life stalls me out. Still trying to eat better more consistently. That seems to be my weakest link. I was able to actually get outside last week for a couple of rides, but that was just a cruel tease on Mother Nature's part. Back to our regularly scheduled 20 degree weather....I think it might be time to try a video of me working out... Kind of "Rocky/Eye of the Tiger" style....

DoIt4Others isn't really taking off like I'd hoped. Companies are really slow at getting back to me on sponsorship opportunities. I'm going to give another push in the next couple of weeks and then get it up and running officially. We'll just have to keep it "grassroots" I guess. I have a few people traing for marathons and such asking about it, so there is interest there.

My bike is stripped and back at Airborne for the "pimp my ride" decal treatment. Can't wait to see what it looks like.

On another note, 40 years ago today we were blessed with a wonderful girl who grew up to be a beautiful woman and loving wife and mom. Happy Birthday hun!

Well off to go find something really worth writing about....

No comments:

Post a Comment