On February 4th 2010 I was diagnosed with colon cancer. I was completely stunned. I'm starting the "Scope That Colon! Initiative" to help others feel more comfortable dealing with this disease.

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Snow, Strep and a Quiz....

Miss the summer yet? This snow crap is getting ridiculous. Here I am typing and it's snowing AGAIN, and the kids have a snow day AGAIN and I'm starting to go stir crazy AGAIN. Looks like that except for a short break tonight, it's going to snow right though to Wednesday night. So that brings the snow total to what, close to 7 feet and it's just now February?

On a related note, strep throat has ravaged our house this year. Noah just finished up round #4 and Luke is on #2. Wifey and I each have had it once. Between snow days and strep, I don't think Noah has put in a full week of school since Thanksgiving.

On the bike/fitness front, working out has been limited to indoor stuff. Not the most ideal way of doing things but when life gives you lemons.... Maybe a video of the work outs are in order.
I'm still determined to get racing again this season and do some things to "pay it forward". I owe alot of people so I need to keep plugging away at it.

Now it's pop quiz time. The Livestrong Foundation has written a quiz to test your knowledge about cancer awareness. Take the quiz and pass it along. Taking it also gets you discounts on really cool Livestrong gear! Follow this link
http://quiz.livestrong.org/?tr=y&auid=7700239

Well that's all I got for now...See ya!

1 comment:

  1. Todd - I have never logged on before to your blog until today. Immediately I saw that - to date - it has been exactly ONE year since you found out about your cancer. Words cannot describe what you, Connie and the boys have been through, but just know - you have been such an inspiration to me and many other people in this community. Your tenacity in fighting this cancer and your motivation to now "pay it forward" is amazing and so commendable.

    See you in the Hood when all this snow thaws!

    Marjorie Carson

    ReplyDelete