On February 4th 2010 I was diagnosed with colon cancer. I was completely stunned. I'm starting the "Scope That Colon! Initiative" to help others feel more comfortable dealing with this disease.

Monday, June 21, 2010

So I'm not the smartest guy in the world...



As most of my loyal followers have probably realized, I haven't posted in awhile. No, there's nothing really wrong with me physically (besides the obvious), but we did have some technical difficulties here at ScopethatColon! headquarters.
A few weeks back the element in our oven crapped out on us. Now keep in mind that our oven is at least 10 years old so it was the old "fix it or buy a new one" argument. Well me being the handyman that I am, decided that I'll just order a new element and replace it, how hard can it be?
Well if you second guess yourself with the wiring, it can be very difficult. I guess I crossed two of the wrong wires and sent a nice little power surge through out the house. Not only did it blow out the oven, but also fried our modem...duhhhhhh.

Anyways a new modem later and I'm back up and running so expect a few updates before the end of the week...then it's off to the Cape for a bit of highly needed and well deserved R&R with the rest of the ScopethatColon! family...putting it that way doesn't make it sound fun at all.....




Health wise things are OK. Heat is getting to me more and more and I'm not exercising at all due to the fatigue. Heavier now than I've ever been... obviously my appetite hasn't been too affected. I'm trying a new energy drink that seemed to have worked for Lance Armstrong, so I'll report on how that goes.


Last session an "intelligence impaired" nurse I got seemed to have missed the center of my port when she stuck me with the needle, so that hurt like hell and is still a bit sore... Won't be using her again....


Well that's it for now...see ya

No comments:

Post a Comment